Monday, January 25, 2010

oh, yes they did

My Dad is famous for tagging things with a black permanent marker.

He would take any chance he got to scribe "MAY", or "MAYTRIBE" across anything he thought needed it.

Like a new cooler.

Or tent.

Or shoes.

Or on my brand new Columbia jacket in high school. Anytime the hood was used, the "MAY" tag could be seen for miles.

Thanks, Dad.

The viewing on that Thursday evening was nice.

And felt relaxing in a weird way.

All my brothers and sisters were there.





Wait. What was that in Danny's hand?



That's what I thought....a black permanent marker.

Oh, you sneaky boys.












You made your Dad proud.

5 comments:

The Royals said...

I am sure that Uncle Al was loving that!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

that is awesome!!

Jolie said...

now that is AWESOME! What a fun family you have, Rachel. Maybe your dad was watching from the other side, just laughing and thinking to himself, "ahh, the sweet legacy I've left." ;-)

Mojo said...

so funny.

The Dillon 6 said...

it's genetic!!! we put our names all over things, too. Drives my kids crazy.

I even "tagged" our attic before we moved from NY, and while I was up in our current attic on Saturday, i had a blue permanent marker in my hand...and had to withstand the urge to mark.

But I'll do it if (and/or when) we ever move.

i'm glad you're laughing!!