Friday, November 13, 2009

rolaids

I have the most fantastic opportunity to speak in church on the 22nd.

Yay me!

I've known about it for quite some time, over a month or something, but who's keeping track.

I think I was hoping that the day would never get here, or somehow the Mayan's would deem it to be another "leap" day, and we'd just skip right over it.

I don't think that's going to happen.

The topic is about Relief Society and what it means to me.

It's based on this talk from this past September.

And instead of using the stories in it, I thought I'd solicit answers from you on what does Relief Society mean to you?

Just a quick, couple sentences will do or if you have a story, that would be awesome.

And all names will be changed to protect the innocent. Instead of your real names I'll use 'Susie', and 'Jane', and 'Dorcas'.

All suitable substitutes, I'm sure.

wikkie_walkiehotmailcom

2 comments:

The Royals said...

You can use my real name, if you would like since I live so far away! I had stopped going to church from 1998 until 2006. When I started coming back I loved going to RS. It filled my soul. It was almost like I had never heard the lessons that were being taught. We had a great presidency at the time. They were so non-judgemental and kind. I am the second counselor in the RS presidency now and I hope I am showing the same kindness and compassion that was shown to me.
Karen

The Dillon 6 said...

COMPASSION & SERVICE: As you may or may not remember, I was sick ~ sicker than I'd ever been with any of the other 3 preganancies (and that's saying a lot). For seven weeks my Relief Society Sisters came into our home, woke the kids up for school ~ fed and dressed them, took Aubrey on play dates; they cleaned our home; decorated for Halloween; fed the family dinner, and occasionally bought groceries for us; administered medicine to me while I lay in bed, and drove me to doctor's appointments. We didn't ask for any of the help ~ they just came and did it. Without the COMPASSION and SERVICE of our Ward Relief Society, I don't know how Dana would have joined our family.