Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Of all the many, many, many, many things I'm thankful for this year, like my family and health and other junk like that, there are two things I'm not at all thankful for.

I am not thankful for the two, TWO dry sockets I have, courtesy of having my wisdom teeth yanked out last week.

Not sure what dry sockets are? This is for you:

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff


Dry socket (alveolar osteitis) is a temporary dental condition that sometimes occurs after extraction of a permanent adult tooth. Dry socket occurs when the blood clot at the site of the tooth extraction is dislodged, exposing underlying bone and nerves and causing increasing pain.

Dry socket is the most common complication following tooth extractions, such as the removal of impacted wisdom teeth. When it occurs, dry socket usually strikes one to three days after a tooth extraction. The most common hallmark of dry socket is significant pain.

And I thought childbearing was painful!

My favorites parts of that fun definition is the "causing increasing pain" and "significant pain" parts.

So think of me while you all chow down on your Thanksgiving feasts.

I'll be eating the mashed potatoes and gravy.

At least I get to do so while enjoying extra strength Vicodin. Boo Yah!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Well this is JUST great...I am planning on scheduling an appointment to have my two wisdom teeth yanked this week. Now.....not so sure I want to make that call. :(