Tuesday, October 27, 2009

the end

To make a long story, short ((too late, i know)), it will sufficeth me to say, that after much tribulation, which included:

-a new engine
-no oil pressure
-dad smith receiving his sainthood for all of his help
-a frayed something-or-other that caused us more headaches. and cursing.
-taking that engine apart and back together multiple times
((there was one time that aaron and his dad had that engine dropped and disassembled in a hour and a half. this is when you lean back and whistle. not bad, for two homegrown mechanics. and never mind that that particular time was on General Conference Sunday inapril. ox in the mire, people.))


...after all that, and I know I'm forgetting a few more things, and leaving out all of the super-fun stories that happened along the way. Like the time it died on top of the Pass, or when Aaron was so mad at it, he threw the keys down in a fit of anger, and then we couldn't find the keys to get in our apartment. Good times, I tell you.

I could continue, but that would be like ripping open an old wound. And I'd rather not do that. It could get real messy.

After all of that tribulation, we have our van. And that she-devil of a van survived both of our road trips this summer without much complaint.

Now we love her like the prodigal child who has returned home. We've forgiven her for all of her past sins and love her unconditionally.

Well, Aaron does. I still have trust issues with her.




7 comments:

Pamela Brown said...

You are one patient wife. I don't think I would have done well with that. But I am glad that now it works :)

ericksonzone said...

That is quite the story. La Diabla Blanca is right.

ray-ray says said...

Thanks for the corrected Spanish translation, Cindy!

See what happens when you move away? Bad things. Like wrong Spanish grammar.

And for the record, I took French in high school.

The Kunz Family said...

This story made me laugh out loud... several times. I can't believe Aaron's car from high school still works. I remember when my brother and he would work on that thing. I'm glad that you van is now up and running.

The Dillon 6 said...

no car is worth that. i'm glad someone loves it.

The Royals said...

I am so glad it's worked out-so far. We have issues with our 2006 ford freestyle, so I can empathize.

Mojo said...

Now you can go Japanese. Trust me, it feels good.