Monday, September 28, 2009

typical

What did you do this weekend?

Why, thanks for asking.

I went here:







Just another typical weekend for me.

You know.

The kind where I leave my four children in the loving care of their father for over 24 hours.

((that meant a night without Lily coming out to tell me her blanket came un-tucked, or the door wasn't cracked just right, or she needs another drink of water, or her "headfore" is hot, or the newly discovered owie she found on her body that needs a band-aid right away, or....))

The kind where we spent the entire day in Seattle with my mom and three sisters. One who flew in from out of state. The missing one couldn't make it because of some wedding she spent almost every last dime on. Whatever. Priorities sister, priorities.

The kind of weekend where even though I didn't have my kids, I would still look around for them to count heads, only to remember that they weren't with me and I needn't worry for their safety in the huge crowds of people because they were safe and sound back home.

The kind where we went to see WICKED!!!!


It was pretty sweet.

I'm not going to lie.

Next weekend?

Back to being a soccer mom and hanging out with my family.

Which is pretty sweet, too.

I'm not going to lie.


6 comments:

Anjuli Fry said...

I saw Wicked Last Thursday and love it!!! I loved the show and was grateful for the night off but you are right being a mom is pretty sweet too!!!

Jolie said...

You're a great writer. I enjoy reading your blog 'cause your slant on things is so unique.

I think every good mom needs to run away sometimes and have some good old fashioned fun.

Pamela Brown said...

That sounds like so much fun. It is always nice to get a break, but it is really nice coming back to the fam.

Smith Family said...

Sounds like you had fun! So jealous you got to see wicked!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

so jealous for so many reasons....it's good to get away! Which sister just got married??

ray-ray says said...

kristin was married back in august.

she thought a honeymoon in hawaii was more important than a weekend with her mom and sisters. ;)