Tuesday, August 4, 2009

tuesdays with dorie

Mary, over at The Food Librarian, chose Classic Banana Bundt Cake, for Tuesdays with Dorie.

It's made with sour cream or plain yogurt, to give it that extra tang in flavor.

As far as banana bread goes, it is pretty tasty. Nice and moist and if you wrap it overnight, it gets better the next day.

We're going to make it into french toast for breakfast. You can come over if you want to.

The only thing I think I'd change, is adding a couple--or four-- handfuls of chocolate chips. But that's just the addict in me wanting more chocolate in everything I eat.

This guy I'm sure will love banana bread as soon as he gets a few teeth.



Oh--and on a totally unrelated note, Corgan was at a birthday party today.

Wait, it gets better.

He runs up to me almost crying and trying not to scream saying, "Every time I bend over my bum hurts!"

I manage to look down his swim trunks only to discover a not-so-friendly bee down there, making its mark on my son. Probably thinking to itself how the heck it ended up on the wrong end of a six year old.

I shake the insect out to prevent further damage and needless to say, the party was over for him. And Corgan.

Upon further inspection of my sons behind, he ended up with two bee bites on his rear.

Bummer.

9 comments:

ericksonzone said...

It's hard not to laugh at the way you posted about the bee stings. Yes that is a bummer. How in the heck did bees ever get down his shorts? Never would have thought that would happen. I have been making banana bread and zucchini bread like crazy around my house - chocolate chips are always part of the essential ingredients.

The Odermott's said...

oh poor corgan!!! That must of hurt.

Smith Family said...

Bummer! That is hilarious!
Poor guy! Two bee stings. I guess he won't be sitting on his bumb for awhile.

~j. said...

Oweeee!

Pamela Brown said...

Poor little guy!!!! That must have hurt so bad. I had that happen to me except it was under my arm.

Jill said...

Oh poor Corgan, im surprised he didnt cry, that would hurt!! What a brave little boy.

Jolie said...

this IS is a BUMmer. Poor little guy! Well, when you remind him of that incident someday, you can say, "Well Corgan, at least the bee went down the back of your shorts and not the FRONT of the shorts." I'm sure any guy will be grateful for that.
;-)

The Food Librarian said...

Great looking cake...and poor little guy! His poor bum!

Thanks for baking along with me this week! - mary the food librarian

Jo's girl said...

man good on him for not crying. I stepped on a dead bee once. only after my mom yelled at me to come back for shoes. I think I would have been fine except that return trip in the house. oh well at least I could sit down. poor guy. -I thought bees died after they stung you? what a determined bee.

I'm glad you posted this banana cake recipe, mine has failed me (in being lost some where. I know I was being "smart" where ever I put it, I'm sure it made perfect sense at the time, not being in my recipe box) and I have yet to find a decent replacement. and we have some nasty looking bananas here that are screaming to be mashed up for bread. and I agree chocolate makes eVerYthiNg better.