Thursday, July 30, 2009

*reunion--together this time

Back at home again.

It almost feels like we don't live here anymore.

Can I say how much I'm looking forward to back-to-school?

Yes. Yes, I can.

And let me repeat that: I'm looking forward to back-to-school.

And only because we'll be a permanent fixture in our own home.

But without further adieu, here are some pictures from our last trip. Two family reunions in eight days.

Wowie-zowie.


Gilyeat Reunion 2009~Seattle/Bremerton

((pronounced gilly-et...my moms side))


a little baseball...

bowling...


and a parade.
i was finally able to run in the race before the parade. i've either been pregnant or with a newborn. 5 miles in 42 minutes.
what the heck are smith's doing at the gilyeat reunion? well, they've been a fixture on the parade route for yeeeeeeeears. and they don't usually wear that on their heads. it rained for a wee bit before the start of the parade.




Dale CB Smith Family Reunion 2009~Ike Kinswa State Park

this was on the way to the camp spot....
water lily
nate and bethany.....getting married september 5th.

the boys were in heaven in this boat.
we had scary stories before bed,

jumped off small cliffs
and out of trees,
and did some kayaking.




Next up, is camping at Lake Chelan and Slide Waters.

Then, Krissy and Mike's wedding in Yoo-tah.

My 10-year high school reunion.

Aaron starts teaching again the end of the month.

And to cap off the crazy summer, Nate and Bethany's wedding in Idaho.

Whew!

Then, I plan on going nowhere until Thanksgiving.

**and a batch of sugar cookies to the person who can correctly identify who sings this song. you know it's totally worth it.


16 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I can seriously look at your family and pick out which sister is yours its SOOO obvious its funny! There is definitely the family stamp there as well in your immediate family!

Hebdon's said...

Wow! What a exciting family reunion. I always love to go places and get away from home but it is sure nice to come home again. How nice for you to have Aaron home all summer. It would be so nice to have Kent home that long. I think it would drive him crazy and he'd end up getting a summer job.

Puhlman said...

WOW you are one busy family this summer. Looks like fun though. I would love to do those things.

And I am almost ready for school to start too. But I sure love to sleep in.

I am thinking Erasure sings that song. So are you going to send me some yummy sugar cookies all the way to virginia?????

ray-ray says said...

ding! ding! ding!

You win, Lisa!!

And yes, I will send you some yummy cookies in the mail. All the way to Virginia.

Just email me your address and I'll git'r done!

Puhlman said...

Tell you what!!! Make that batch of cookies and let the kids go wild. No need to send them all the way over here. Thanks though. You are too cool.

ericksonzone said...

Oh my word! In that picture of you at Safeco field, I know the kid in the far right of the pic. His name is Andrew Lynes and he's from Mattawaska. That is so crazy that he's in the shot. Totally know him. Oh, and your family looks great. How fun!

Anna Schoenwald said...

I'll take Lisa's cookies if she doesn't want them! haha :)

Good to have you guys back. Looks like you had lots of fun!!

Puhlman said...

You can have them Anna. My pleasure. :)

ray-ray says said...

Cindy---I know!!

He was there with my sister, Lael.

We found out he was from Mattawa that night. And told him we basically knew everyone from there. Including our favorite neighbor. ;) Nice kid.

Anna---I know where you live.

Anna Schoenwald said...

Yes! ;)

Pamela Brown said...

Welcome Back!! Looks like you guys have had a busy summer so far. But it looks like you had a lot of fun!!!

Jolie said...

What a fun, adventure-packed summer you're having!! I love the water lily picture. That's a cute play on words. Or names, I guess.

I was wondering if you guys had been gone alot 'cause Ellensburg just wasn't feeling as cool with you guys gone. ;-)

Nate and Marcie said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! We love Ike Kinswa State park, I grew up camping there every summer. Fun!

Hayter Family said...

you could just send me that secret sugar cookie recipe.

ray-ray says said...

I could.

But then I'd have to kill you.

Jo's girl said...

I love the shot of you all in the baseball stadium! It just screams awesomeness! love the May girls! you guys are so cute! I must say how jealous I am of such a rockin summer. although I guess it's just so not rockin the rest of the year. :( here you just roast to death if you dash out side to get into your car. I think I'm invading next summer on washington. in the winter any of you guys are welcome to enjoy the splendid arizonan desert, when it more than makes up for the roast-fest.