Friday, April 10, 2009

momoko

Someone in Chicago is awesome. And you should all know her. She goes by the name of Mo.

We were glued to the hip from about 8th grade on. Well, 8th for me, 7th for her. I am older, but not in maturity.

Our parents thought we'd never grow-up. Or shut-up. We were two of a kind. Just to hit on a few of the highlights that I can remember:

fred meyer photo booth
EFY--although we were never roomies
TPing
duct tape it, vicki!
stop signs--i still laugh out loud whenever i think about that!
cross country
blue underwear
stupid boys
funny haha,
or funny weird
bucky
the fruit man from seattle
stake dances
trotter's black licorice ice cream
sports med
drivers ed with cunningham
girls camp '98--you should have gone in the river!

Then I graduated high school and we drifted apart. We remained friends, although not as close. It's sad when that happens, isn't it? I think so.

But I am loving this whole blogging/facebook uprising. Makes it easier to keep in touch with those we love. And I love Mo.

Cade received a package in the mail from Mo. Not only does she take great photos ((see sidebar)), but she can knit better than your grandma.

Danke Schoen, darling, Danke Schoen.


4 comments:

Chelsi said...

Friends are the best! I am in love with that hat and those booties...too cute!

Jolie said...

Great post! I liked your salute to your bff!

Momoko Photography said...

Ah Rachel, you're too great and I'm so behind at checking blogs these days. He looks fabulous in the knits and I'm so glad they fit!

Momoko Photography said...

Also, I was telling the stop sign story to Josh and I was saying how stressed and freaked out I was about hitting the sign. Looking back I don't know why I wasn't laughing as hard as the rest of you. We did have a lot of fun. Too much fun.