Tuesday, February 24, 2009

You must make these.

Caramel Crunch Bars.

You can get the recipe from Whitney here. Nice pick for TWD.

They are yummy just by themselves or even yummier with a scoop of ice cream plopped in the middle of two pieces. mmmmm..... I used bittersweet chocolate because that's what I had on hand. ((sorry, cindy)) But next time I think I'll use milk chocolate. I liked them a lot. But I'd like them even more with the milk chocolate.

And here's a snapshot of what made up my day on Monday:


Both my Father and Father-in-law, had the choice opportunity to be on the phone with me--at different times-- as I used words that by all means would be acceptable to use in the Old Testament, some that slide by as "garage talk", and some that are best left shouting in your head and not to be uttered aloud.

Oh....it's a good story. I promise you.

A story that is yet to finished.

So the above picture will have to do for now.

9 comments:

pinkstripes said...

I agree, they were even yummier with ice cream. Your crunch bars look great.

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

the anticipation is killing me! i can't wait to hear the story!

Beth Tunnell said...

Whoa. What the heck is going on down there?

The Dillon 6 said...

looks like multiple vehicles were involved. when you're done cussing like a sailor and hyperventilating, I'd like to hear the story!

Smith Family said...

So, I am assuming you omitted the coffee right? Did you replace it with anything?

ray-ray says said...

nope....just left it out....i want to make some more!

Smith Family said...

Do you think there is enough butter to cover up the taste of gluten free flour???

ray-ray says said...

yeah--i think so. 2 sticks of butter should add enough flavor to offset the flour you use.

Smith Family said...

Ah, nuts....I just realized there are almonds in the heath bar. Between gluten and nuts, we are left with slim pickings for desserts.