Wednesday, December 17, 2008

He's coming. Baby #4, boy # 3, will make his grand entrance on January 5th. I had an appointment yesterday and my doctor told me I'm scheduled for Monday, January 5th.
The real due date is the 14th. I'm usually induced a week before, so I was thinking the 7th. But Dr. Bigler decided to shake things up a bit. So the 5th it is. I now get to be in "baby mode" before we leave on Sunday to head over the Pass for the break. For when we return, we will be a family of 6.

You've probably noticed that no moniker has been mentioned. We're not keeping it a secret. We don't have one. Well, we do. But my sister who will be married in 8 months and is planning on waiting a few years after they're hitched to reproduce, has staked claim to a name. And not just any name. But the only name that Aaron likes and has given his official o.k. to liking. Maybe she'll have a change of heart.

********************

Last Saturday was the yearly ward Christmas Party. And Santa was invited. Corgan has never liked the Big Jolly Guy. Ever. He doesn't even like to be in the same room as him. Wailing and gnashing of teeth is a good visual for you to think of.

Last year Lily sat on his lap but made no eye contact. Blake sat and didn't mind a bit.
But this year none of them wanted anything to do with him. And us being kind and understanding parents made them stand next to him while the photographer snapped a few pictures. And since Blake is still small enough to make him sit ((and scream)) on the Jolly Man's lap, make him we did.

Aaron says that our kids don't like Santa because we teach them the real meaning of Christmas and they don't want to worship false idols.

Here's the proof:



And while we're on the subject of fat, Santa ain't got nothing on me.

12 comments:

Chelsi said...

Yay for the baby coming early! Those pictures of Blake with santa are so cute. I want to see the ones with your whole family. That was pretty funny! Where can I see the pictures sister Holden took?

The Dillon 6 said...

SOrry, Krissy. You snooze, you looze. I say take the name Rachel! ;) There is no law written anywhere that cousins can't have the same name.

And being a family of 6 ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

sorry rachel, i love you, but those names are mine. :) its not my fault i was born last. i dubbed those names long ago and besides there are MILLIONS of other names out there. trust me i'm trying to find you a good one :) love you
skyler?
vincent?
memphis?
kolby?
brant?

The Royals said...

I love the picture of Blake with Santa. I also liked Aaron's comment!

ericksonzone said...

That's exciting! Way to go Dr. Bigler!

Puhlman said...

Whose to say she is going to have a boy anyway. She may end up with all girls. THEN WHAT? I hope the name is unisex in that case. I think you cute pregnant gal.

Beth Tunnell said...

If Aaron is right we are really bad parents. My girls found Santa entertaining enough to ask for a space station. But maybe Britton was just trying to make sure he was a fake. And you are way cuter than Santa. He ain't got nothin' on you. Oh, and I agree with the Puhlmans, I've got a sister in law with six girls. If you don't use the name she may be cursed to the same fate for being name stingy.

The Odermott's said...

Good luck with everything. Oh and I had claim on a name and my oldest sister still took it. I got over it. She will too. Just tell her that he looked like the name. Thats what mine did. And Brayden didn't look like a Jayden anyway. :) So it all worked out.

Kelly Moore said...

Cousins can totall have the same name, maybe you could spell it differently. Besides, I had names slated from WAY before I had Hudson and I was surprised how much my tasted changed by the time I actually had him... I believe there is a special something that happens when you hear a name that just rings true, like maybe it's just meant to be... When you hold that baby in your arms and look down into his new wrinkled pink face, you'll just know if it's the right name... It's not like you're spitefully using your sister's prepicked names... She said it's not her fault she was born last, and it's not YOUR fault your boy was born first! :) It'll all work out! Good luck!!

Jolie said...

I can't believe that in only a couple weeks, you will have a newborn baby in your arms! Over the next couple days I promise to round up the 0-3 month by clothes that I have plus some extra size 1 diapers and run them by. I need to do that quickly before you guys leave town!

We can relate to the "wailing and gnashing of teeth". Both girls are petrified of jolly old St. Nick. I tried to put Jaclyn on Santa's lap at Ware Fair and she FREAKED OUT.
But I was a nice, loving parent and didn't make her sit on his lap to take a pic.
hahahaha. Totally kidding.

Plain City Dickamores said...

I agree with Krissy!! those are her names, stay away!! pick something else from the millions of names out there!!! good Luck

Kelly Moore said...

Ok, now I'm just really curious!! What are the names she wants anyway? Will you tell us after baby boy is born???