Tuesday, October 28, 2008

tuesdays with dorie & other stuff

Tuesday's with Dorie has turned into Tuesday's with Lily. She loves to help me mix up the baked goodness each week. I think it's because I let her dip her finger in the sugar.

This week was picked by Clara from here. Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes. They were, eh. Still lots of fun to make and eat. It's always fun to eat.


Another photo of my cute naked kids...
The band-aid on her shoulder is from getting the flu shot yesterday. Corgan's ears had been bothering him and we were lucky enough to get him in to see the doctor yesterday after school. I asked if I could bring the others and get them all shot up with the vaccination. Got that done with lots and lots and lots of screaming.

Corgan got a clean bill of health for his ears, but we walked out with 3 prescriptions for his lungs/breathing. Two steroids--Prednisone ((once a day for 5 days)) and Albuterol ((with the nebulizer for 5+ days, 4x a day)) and Amoxicillin ((twice a day for 10 days)). He was given a dose of the Prednisone before we left the office and let me tell you, it was like giving him crack.

He was Crazy.

Yes, that's crazy with a capital 'c'. It was all we could do to keep from opening the door and sending him out into the wild where he belonged. We are now going to give him the rest of those crack-substitute pills in the mornings.
I did write his teacher a note warning her of his possible behavior changes over the next week. I haven't received any phone calls, so I'm taking that as a good sign.


9 comments:

CB said...

Bummer you weren't a fan of the cupcakes but thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Kari said...

Ellie was put on that last year. It was when I was in the hospital so I didn't have to be with her. From what I heard she was off the walls! You normally is very hyper so I can only imagine what she was like. Going in for the shots next week and Lexies 9 month shots. Not looking forward to that day.

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

OMG, not the steroids! I guess you'll be taming the Tasmanian Devil for a few days. Never a dull moment! ;D

Plain City Dickamores said...

Crack!! I new it. Love the bathtub shot. We love and miss you guys!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

the first time Malcolm had albuterol, I thought he'd bounce right off the ceiling...eventually he settled into it, though. Now he bounces for other reasons. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm coming to YOUR house on Tuesdays from now on.

Anonymous said...

those cupcakes look delicious and your kids don't look half bad either :)

Teanna DiMicco said...

Your kids are so cute! These cupcakes were "meh" for me as well, but yours look great!

AmyRuth said...

Good luck. Great memories. Just wait someday you will laugh. Great shot of the cupcakes.
happy Baking
AmyRuth