Tuesday, September 23, 2008

tuesdays with dorie

I joined a blogging club. They use "Baking- From my home to yours", by Dorie Greenspan as the source for all the baked goodness. I had seen the cookbook months ago and thought that would be a fun one to have someday. Then two weeks ago I "stumbled" on the cooking blog, Tuesdays with Dorie. Signed up, ordered the book cheap from Amazon, and today was my first Tuesday.
Two of the rules are:

-must have a blog
-must post at least twice a month on that blog

They rotate through, in order of when you hopped on the cooking wagon, who picks what we're all cooking. Today's recipe was the Dimply Plum Cake. I exchanged the plums for peaches, and it turned out pretty good. It's sort of like a dry cobbler. Next Tuesday is Creme Brulee. Or we could "rewind" and choose one that they've already done.
I'm just so excited to try all sorts of new recipes and yummy treats!


8 comments:

Cathy said...

Your cake looks great! I've had more fun with TWD than I ever could have imagines -- I hope that you do too! Welcome!

Anne said...

Welcome to the group! Your cake looks wonderful-

Chelsi said...

What a fun idea! That cake looks go yummy. I just might have to join you one of these days.

Debbie said...

I should have substitued the plums for peaches. Yum!! Your cake looks great.
Hope you have fun with us! sorry about the CD/radio in your car.

Marthe said...

Your cake looks really pretty!! Glad you liked it, welcome to TWD!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Yum, look at the cake slice all ready for a fork! Welcome to TWD.
Nancy

Michelle A'etonu said...

welcome to the club! i love your layout...so colorful!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Welcome! Looks delicious!