Friday, September 26, 2008

oh...you haven't met?

Well, let me formally introduce you to Mr. Smith.
The newest addition ((ha! math humor)) to the Royal City High School faculty. And in my humblest of opinions, the hottest.
He is indeed an official teacher of mathematics. See:
We had been looking for jobs since the middle of spring, and none of them sprung out at us. Lots of prayers and lots of fasting and applying. Then for some reason, I thought the place to be was Moses Lake. Aaron didn't. ((maybe the baby had thrown off my feelings of inspiration;)) We had known about the Royal City job for awhile, but it didn't close until late August/September, I was not a fan of waiting that long. Then the two in Moses Lake were filled. Hopes dashed. More waiting. Royal called for an interview one morning; and a few hours after that, Moses Lake called with another opening. The interviews would be on the same day! But the next day, Moses Lake called and informed us the position was filled. $@#*%! So against my mothers' advice, all of our eggs were in one basket. Didn't think it was going to be that way, but it was. The day after the interview, Aaron was called and was told he got the job. The waiting game was finally over. Then the stress set in--he would start in one week and he would be teaching 5 WASL Prep classes and one class for the juniors and seniors who had flunked the WASL. He was given a small binder with not much to go off of in way of lesson plans, so he uses what extra time he has to come up with those and stay ahead of the students. He commutes about 50 minutes each way, everyday. Some days he's lucky enough to ride in the van pool. He's having fun with it and we are so grateful that he has a job and we were able to stay here in Eburg for awhile longer. Go Knights!!

12 comments:

Lore Smart said...

Congrats to Aaron. I love the official pic and certificate. If you know any Gilberts in Royal city(thats my brother-in laws family)give them a little shout out for me.

Plain City Dickamores said...

What a cheezie picture bro in Law. you should have sent the one with your long flowing locks. the one from the 8o'S. nice certificate.

Jolie said...

That is wonderful news Smiths!!!! Congrats on getting a job...especially in this sucky job market we're in right now. I hope that he enjoys the job! I wonder how teaching to the WASL all year long will be. Go Aaron!!!
Mmmm, it'll be interesting to see if any high school girls have a crush on him. I remember having a secret crush on my high school English teacher my junior year. He was so cute and I'm forgetting his name right now. Well, I can still see his face!
;-)
Will you guys be moving there in the near future?

Sabin Family said...

Congratulations Smith Family!

Rachael said...

Congratulations! I love the life of the teacher's wife. It's just pretty awesome.

Kari said...

Congrats! it must be nice to finally have that job and not to have to worry any more.

Emily and Nathan said...

Congrats! I am sure you are glad to be out of the waiting game it is never fun dealing with that.

Puhlman said...

What you possibly had a chance at Moses. OH THAT IS SWEET. Too bad. Moses is WAY better than Royal City. HEHEHE. SO does MR SMITH still commute from Ellensburg? Welcome to the land of commutes. When we move Don's commute will be about an hour one way. Crazy huh? Good luck Mr. Smith in the world of teaching.

ray-ray says said...

they couldn't pay him enough to make me want to live in Royal City. ;) they do grow some mean peaches though.

after a month of teaching there, he says the commute isn't that bad.
that will most likely change when old man winter comes to visit.

Puhlman said...

SO you still live in the same town but not same place? did you guys move out of the "special" housing. Do you plan on moving closer? I hear ya about Royal City. ewwww.

Mojo said...

I love the picture. Lots. Also, I love bad math jokes, so keep them coming.

The Dillon 6 said...

that is a VERY Fancy picture, Aaron...I don't know why you don' tlike it.

Congratulations...keep up the good work. What the world needs now is success at the WASL! Seriously ~ it could solve the world's problems...