Friday, June 6, 2008

now he knows.....

...why I couldn't stop reading those books. My sister told me about them while we were down there visiting last August. I thought they sounded lame. Vampires? But for some reason back in April I decided to finally jump on wagon and fall in love with Bella and Edward. The bookstore here in town didn't carry any of her books, so I ordered book one. Took me about a day and a half to finish it. Then it was like a crack addiction; I needed more and I needed it fast. I found someone whose sister had book two so I stopped by her house and picked up my fix. I read it all that night. No joke. Then I really needed to satiate my cravings. My friend who I got hooked on the Twilight drug, her hairdresser had the last book. The thing was, my friend was headed out of town on Friday and she wanted to bring the book with her to read on the road. So she dropped off the book Wednesday after mutual and I read book three that night. I think I finished around 4 in the morning.

My husband thought I was crazy. But for whatever reason he decided to read book one. Now he's hooked on the Twilight crack. It's some goooood stuff.

10 comments:

The Kunz Family said...

Apparently Nate has read it too...that was my breaking point, and really what made me end up reading them and also becoming obsessed!!

Plain City Dickamores said...

Jason has read them too!!!!! They are great. You need th read The HOst that she wrote, it is slow until page 107 then it got me hooked. can't wait for the next book!!!

Stan and Jamie said...

so funny, I think EVERYONE has read those books! They are so good!

The Dillon 6 said...

I don't think I could convince Doug to read them. But I almost cried when I got no Twilight preview at the Indiana Jones movie. :*(

The Dillon 6 said...

Melissa is right she couldn't convince me to read them. Jason adn Aaron how cute :) You guys know these were written for teens right?

Nate and Marcie said...

They are great huh? Nate read the first one and liked it (I could tell) but said it was kind of "chick-flicky" for him. I preordered the last book on Amazon.com for $12! Can't wait!

Jolie said...

Yes! My SIL raves about them and has challenged me to read them too. They (along with gazillions of other books) are on my "must read" list for when(ever) I graduate and can actually read for pleasure once again. ;-)

They sound awesome! I can't wait to read them!!

amy germer said...

That is so funny! I love how you call it crack! I wish I could get my husband to read them because I am a total twilight junkie myself. And, I got you r link from Melissa Dillion.

Kelly Moore said...

This cracks me up because he was in the KHS library and kept getting mad at me for "spoiling" it... HA HA Personally, I'm in Camp Jacob... :)

Angie said...

That's too funny that you got Aaron hooked on them. I can't even get Allen to touch them w/a 10 foot pole. I decided that since everyone was blogging about the Twilight series, I'd give it a try too. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn to come out next month!