Tuesday, December 4, 2012

i made some crack yesterday

And today I'm going to share the recipe with you.

That way I don't have to be your dealer.

You're on your own.

I had this addicting stuff back when I went spelunking a few months ago. My life was forever changed. Every so often I would think about the deliciousness and crave it. Yesterday I mixed some up during nap time. I had to "hide" it from myself after it was all mixed together. I could have eaten the whole pan by myself.

I'm not exactly sure of the official name for the stuff. I've seen it listed as Christmas Crack, so here is the oh, so simple recipe for the extremely addictive sticky goodness.

You throw the Corn Chex, Golden Grahams, slivered almonds and shredded coconut in a big ol' bowl.


In a pan on the stove, melt together the butter, corn syrup and sugar.


Cook over medium heat until it reaches the soft ball stage.


Then pour the sugar mixture over the cereal mixture and stir together. Then spread out on a cookie sheet and let cool and set-up a couple of hours.


This is what you're left with. Please try not to lick your computer screen.

 Christmas Crack is delicious.


I made Aaron take the rest of what I didn't inhale to work today so that I wouldn't eat the rest. Except the problem is, I have all the ingredients to make another batch. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to my room and pray mightily for the strength to not make anymore.


And if I needed further proof of how awesome my husband is, after he tried some of the Crack, he said, "You know what? This would be really good if you added some chocolate to it."

Oh, how I love that man.

Without further rambling, here's the recipe that is easily doubled, tripled, quadrupled, quintupled to fix your crack habit.

Christmas Crack

4 cups Corn Chex (about half a box)
4 cups Golden Grahams (about half a box)
2 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup

Combine the two cereals, coconut and almonds in a large mixing bowl.

In a medium pot, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup over medium heat. Let cook, stirring constantly, until it reaches the soft ball stage. About 235' F.

Pour the sugar mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until well combined. Then spread out the Christmas Crack on a cookie sheet and try to forget about for a couple hours until set. It won't completely dry out, there will a little stickiness left.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

kmay and mike said...

mmmmm. looks delicious. i'll make it first thing when we are california!

Anonymous said...

I make a recipie similar to this one except there is no coconut in mine or graham cracker cereal. After you take the corn syrup sugar mixture off the heat stir in 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract. Yum!!!!